A well-crafted, comprehensive, and up-to-date Job Description is one of the most important tools for effective management of people at all levels in your organization. All too often, employers view job descriptions as an unnecessary document when Job descriptions lay a foundation to both performance expectations and important regulatory compliance. Job descriptions play a role an integral role in compliance for the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and Pay Equity Laws. Besides regulatory compliance, job descriptions are also very practical for recruiting, performance management and succession planning.
This webinar will focus on what is contained in a truly comprehensive Job Description and how it helps you in every way, from hiring to performance management and beyond.
- Does your Job Description clearly define the responsibilities of the job?
- Does it state whether the job is Exempt or Nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)?
- Are “Essential Job Functions” clearly detailed for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance?
- Does it include the physical requirements of the job?
- Does it include additional requirements such as the need for a Driver’s License?
- Do you give the Job Descriptions to your managers to guide the interview process?
- Do you give them to candidates to prepare for an interview?
- Do you have a current signed Job Description for every employee?