Communication is arguably one of the most critical business skills, no matter what your industry. Yet so many of us haven’t been trained in how to communicate effectively with coworkers and clients. Whether it’s a face-to-face conversation or an email exchange, a meaningful message entails making a connection that leaves a powerful impression. Participants learn valuable tips to help them become better communicators.
- Self-awareness and listening techniques: communication is a two-way street
- Business communication etiquette: in person, email, text or IM, and phone
- The art of active listening
- Important dos and don’ts
- Reading body language
- How to deliver constructive criticism and praise
- Words and/or phrases to eliminate from your vocabulary