It’s highly likely that you have some form of a “Progressive Discipline” policy at your organization. At HR Knowledge. we have come to learn that all Progressive Discipline policies are not created equal. Traditionally, progressive discipline contains a step-by-step process of verbal, written, first and final warnings, possibly suspension, and finally, termination. But this one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t fit every situation and may not take into account administering discipline in a legally compliant and nondiscriminatory manner. For example, the days of simply disciplining someone for “poor attendance” are over; there are now factors such as earned sick time, ADA, FMLA, etc. to consider.
This webinar will provide you with a “How To” Guide to managing an effective corrective action process to give you the best chance for positive outcomes. We’ll explore moving away from a “rigid” framework to a behavior-based employee development model.
- How to update your discipline policy and procedures to be more effective
- How to fix underlying problems rather than just check off boxes
- How to empower your managers
- How to move from a one-size-fits-all approach
- What to do if someone refuses to participate in the process
- What language to include to protect both you and your employee
- How to ensure continual improvement