Ending employment relationships is hard, handling the termination respectfully will help you mitigate risk as a business owner. Terminating employment is a fundamental and unavoidable part of business. Proper termination is an essential, and often overlooked, employment process. Conducting terminations effectively and respectively help protect the brand of your organization and employee morale.
- Consider the reason: Position elimination versus performance issues
- Consider whether the employee falls under protected status
- Preparing for the termination
- Considering legal aspects of the termination
- Consider final compensation and vacation pay due
- Consider unemployment benefits