Ken Bettenhauser, President of HR Knowledge, Inc., became certified through The National Association of Health Underwriters’ (NAHU) new professional development course on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). By taking this continuing education course covering the key technical components of PPACA, Ken is specially qualified to counsel clients on required healthcare changes and new options for health plans.
- Implementing healthcare reform—overview and politics
- Grandfathered plans and the small-business tax credit
- Medicare Part D and non-discrimination rules
- Patient protection and changes to consumer-directed health plans
- Medical loss ratio requirements and tax implications
- W-2 reporting, summary of benefits, waiting periods, essential benefits and community rating
- Individual mandate, pre-existing conditions and rating reform
- Health insurance exchanges for individuals and small employers
- Employer pay or play
- Self-insured plans
Commenting on the PPACA certification, Ken said, “With all of the complexities surrounding this healthcare legislation, we believed it was important to be certified in order to better advise our clients.”
The National Association of Health Underwriters represents 100,000 professional health insurance agents and brokers who provide insurance for millions of Americans.
About HR Knowledge, Inc.
HR Knowledge, Inc. is an administrative services organization (ASO) that provides clients with integrated, affordable HR services including payroll, employee benefits, and human resources management. Supported by its signature “concierge client service,” HR Knowledge serves clients that lack the internal resources to address the vast array of complex HR issues, including among others, small- to mid-sized businesses, nonprofits, charter and private schools, and high tech companies. By partnering with HR Knowledge, organizations are able to better control capital costs, minimize legal risk, and operate more efficiently.
HR Knowledge is headquartered at 905B South Main Street, Suite 203, Mansfield, MA 02048, with a second office located at 890 Winter Street, Suite 208, Waltham, MA 02451. For more information, contact (508) 339-1300 or visit www.hrknowledge.com.