The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced the schedule for the current EEO Data Collection filing.
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the EEO filings for 2019 were put on hold until 2021 to allow EEO filers to be better positioned to provide accurate, valid, and reliable data in a timely manner. The EEOC will now resume with opening the data collections for plan years 2019 & 2020 according to the following schedule:
- April 2021: 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 Data Collection
- Private sector employers and federal contractors will be required to file.
- July 2021: 2020 EEO-5 Data Collection
- Certain public elementary/secondary school districts will be required to file.
- August 2021: 2020 EEO-3 Data Collection
- Certain unions will be required to file.
- October 2021: 2021 EEO-4 Data Collection
- State/local governments will be required to file.
The EEOC will post the precise dates of when the portal will open and the submission deadlines for reporting on their homepage as well as on their new dedicated website specifically for EEO reporting. Notification letters will be sent to eligible filers as in previous years.
Employers Next Steps
- For up-to-date information regarding EEO Reports, visit the EEOC website.
- Eligible filers should begin preparing to submit data in anticipation of these openings.
- If you are interested in outsourcing the preparation and submission of your company’s EEO-1 data, please email us.
The People Simplifying HR
For almost twenty years, HR Knowledge has made it our mission to demystify the complex and daunting process of HR management. We do more than just provide the level of service and technology you’d expect from an industry leader. We combine an unparalleled passion for service with our decades of HR, payroll, and benefits experience to provide our clients with personalized and actionable advice that is second–to–none. From managed payroll to employee benefits to HR support, we can help your organization thrive, grow, and reduce operating costs—no matter what industry you serve. Whether you’re interested in our Full-Service solution or just need your employee handbook written, HR Knowledge can help you minimize risk while staying on top of compliance regulations. The bottom line? We’re not just another cloud-based technology company that also does HR, #WeAreHR. Get the scoop on how we can help you simplify HR.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this content, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us.