The portal for employers to submit Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO-1) workforce data is now open for 2019 and 2020 filing.
- The EEO-1 Report is a federally mandated survey that collects workforce data categorized by race, ethnicity, sex, and job category.
Requirements for Filing EEO-1
- Private-sector employers with 100 or more employees, OR
- A federal contractor with 50 or more employees and has a contract of $50,000 or more.
- If you are unsure if you need to file EEO-1 data, please refer to our EEO-1 Reporting Requirements Reference Guide.
- Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the EEO filings for 2019 were put on hold until 2021 to allow EEO filers to be better positioned to provide accurate, valid, and reliable data in a timely manner. Employers now must submit Component 1 data to the EEOC for both calendar years 2019 and 2020.
- On April 26, 2021, the EEO-1 reporting portal opened for data submissions.
- The deadline to file both 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 data is July 19, 2021.
Employers Next Steps
- Eligible filers should begin submitting 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 data in the portal and ensure they complete their submissions by July 19, 2021.
- Employers should review additional resources on the EEOC’s home page and new website dedicated to EEO data collections.
- If you are interested in outsourcing the preparation and submission of your company’s EEO-1 data, please email us.
The People Simplifying HR
For almost twenty years, HR Knowledge has made it our mission to demystify the complex and daunting process of HR management. We do more than just provide the level of service and technology you’d expect from an industry leader. We combine an unparalleled passion for service with our decades of HR, payroll, and benefits experience to provide our clients with personalized and actionable advice that is second–to–none. From managed payroll to employee benefits to HR support, we can help your organization thrive, grow, and reduce operating costs—no matter what industry you serve. Whether you’re interested in our Full-Service solution or just need your employee handbook written, HR Knowledge can help you minimize risk while staying on top of compliance regulations. The bottom line? We’re not just another cloud-based technology company that also does HR, #WeAreHR. Get the scoop on how we can help you simplify HR.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this content, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us.