As an employer, you want to ensure that you’re hiring a strong member of the team who will have a positive influence, and an important part of that process is prescreening candidates. One misstep during the background check process can not only cost you financially, but, even more importantly, can disrupt operations, raise employee safety concerns, and ultimately, affect your organization’s reputation.
Defense against legal claims, such as negligent hiring, is a compelling reason to conduct in-depth criminal records searches of job applicants; whether it’s a criminal background, misrepresenting college degrees attained, or misleading dates and places of employment, a comprehensive background check can expose these issues and more. However, you need to understand the complex web of laws governing background checks to ensure your organization complies with the myriad of laws protecting candidates and employees.
At today’s webinar, we will be joined by our friends at Verified First who will explore the issues that face their clients and how they can help.
Even if you are already doing background checks, you will want to hear what they have to say.
- Why not knowing matters
- Common pitfalls of incomplete checks
- How your current background screening program could get you into trouble
- The most important updates to the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and Ban the Box regulations
- The additional risks to multistate employers
- Easy steps you can start taking today to get — and stay — compliant