Everyone has been affected differently by the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether that means adjusting to a new work-life situation, the loss of a job, or the loss of a loved one, the burden of these unprecedented times can be heavy, significantly impacting our mental health. Mental health concerns have skyrocketed because of the pandemic, but businesses can equip themselves with the right tools to support their employees.
Everyone knows that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires reasonable accommodations for those with physical disabilities. What many employers do not know, however, is that a mental health or substance abuse disability must be equally accommodated. Anxiety, depression, and alcohol and other substance misuse have all escalate markedly because of the pandemic. This webinar provides you with practical steps for engaging in the interactive process and supporting those employees with mental health issues.
- How can employers help?
- How can employers engage proactively?
- Accommodating beyond physical disabilities
- What is a reasonable accommodation?
- Why is manager training a critical component of handling accommodations effectively?
- What resources exist for employees and employers?