Multi-state employers are required to juggle the requirements of numerous leave of absence laws, including the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), so-called “mini” FMLA laws at the state level, a growing number of mandatory paid sick and safe time regulations, and paid time off laws, not to mention the new trend of paid family and medical leave laws. And that’s not all! There are also pregnancy leaves, domestic violence and sexual assault and stalking leaves, military spouse leaves, and a whole host of others to be aware of and worry about.
This webinar will provide an overview of the leave laws facing multistate employers and provide practical guidance for navigating the complex web of overlapping. We will review some contradictory leave laws at the federal, state, and local levels and explore examples of how various types of leave may overlap and be at odds with one another.
- Participants will learn what each leave entails and key employer requirements to accommodate them
- Participants will learn the fundamentals of several types of leave:
- Mandatory Paid Sick and Safe Time
- Mandatory Paid Time Off
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Pregnancy Disability Leave
- Other Less Common State Leaves