Virginia has a new posting requirement for the Virginia Occupational Safety and Health (VOSH) standards for reporting work-related injuries and illnesses.
Employers are now required to report the following, within 8 hours:
- All work-related fatalities
- All work-related inpatient hospitalizations
- All amputations and the loss of an eye
Next Steps for Employers
- All Virginia employers are required to post the updated Job Safety and Health Protection notice in a conspicuous place accessible to all employees, such as an employee lounge, lunch/break room, conference room, reception area, or time clock location. Organizations with multiple locations must display posters at each location.
- The HR Knowledge All-In-One Poster satisfies the posting requirements for employers of all sizes. Displaying the posters educates your employees about their labor and employment rights and helps them better understand their requirements. Failure to post required federal and state labor law notices may result in both federal and state fines.
- If you are a current full-service client of HR Knowledge, we will provide these updated Peel-N-Post overlays at no charge.
- If you are not a full-service client and you are interested in ordering new posters or overlays, please complete the order form on our website, which you can access here. Order the Peel-N-Post overlay ($12.95 each) or the All-In-One Poster ($49.95 each) from HR Knowledge. First, check to see if you have the most recent version of the HR Knowledge All-In-One Poster. If your current poster does not have an HR Knowledge logo, it is NOT the most recent version and the Peel-N-Post will not fit. In this case, you will need to order the latest version of our All-In-One Poster instead of the Peel-N-Post overlay.