We are pleased to let you know that Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) will partner with CVS/caremark to manage pharmacy benefits for NHP members beginning January 1, 2016.
CVS/caremark has earned a reputation for innovation and outstanding customer service. We believe this new partnership will provide better service and value for NHP members.
Here are five important things your employees need to know:
- This new partnership will not affect their benefits or cost-sharing. Some members renewing coverage on January 1 may see benefit changes unrelated to the CVS partnership.
- They will not have to fill their prescriptions only at CVS/pharmacy. CVS/caremark has a broad pharmacy network. It includes tens of thousands of pharmacies, from major chains like CVS/pharmacy, Walgreens and Walmart to local independent pharmacies.
- There is nothing they need to do before January 1, 2016 to continue to receive their current medications at participating pharmacies.
- If they use NHP’s Mail Order Pharmacy or NHO’s Specialty Pharmacy Program through BriovaRx, CVS/caremark will contact them. CVS/caremark will help ensure the smooth transition of their mail order or specialty prescriptions.
- We will send your employees and their covered family members new ID cards closer to January 1. They will include information that will help pharmacies and providers to serve them. Their NHP ID number remain the same.
Please review the FAQ. If you have any other questions or concerns, please call NHP Customer Service at the number on the back of your ID card (or TTY 711 for the hearing impaired). They are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this advisory, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us at HR@hrknowledge.com.