Federal contractors are required to take proactive affirmative action to recruit and support minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans within the workplace. Federal contractors that have 50 or more employees and at least one federal contract of $50,000 are required to develop and implement an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
Beginning March 31, 2022, employers will now have an additional step when logging into a Contractor Portal and certifying the status of their AAP plan for the year.
- The Contractor Portal opened on February 1, 2022
- Employers must complete their registration by March 31, 2022
- Employers must certify the status of their AAP plan for the year no later than June 30, 2022
- The certification process will become an annual requirement
Employer Next Steps
- Employers that are required to file Affirmative Action Plans should complete their registration no later than March 31, 2022 and their certification no later than June 30, 2022
- Employers should review How-To Videos, User Guides and References, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for further guidance on this new requirement.
- If you are interested in outsourcing the preparation and submission of your company’s EEO-1 data, please email us
The People Simplifying HR
For almost twenty years, HR Knowledge has made it our mission to demystify the complex and daunting process of HR management. We do more than just provide the level of service and technology you’d expect from an industry leader. We combine an unparalleled passion for service with our decades of HR, payroll, and benefits experience to provide our clients with personalized and actionable advice that is second–to–none. From managed payroll to employee benefits to HR support, we can help your organization thrive, grow, and reduce operating costs—no matter what industry you serve. Whether you’re interested in our Full-Service solution or just need your employee handbook written, HR Knowledge can help you minimize risk while staying on top of compliance regulations. The bottom line? We’re not just another cloud-based technology company that also does HR, #WeAreHR. Get the scoop on how we can help you simplify HR.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this content, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us.