Federal contractors that have 50 or more employees and at least one federal contract of $50,000 are required to develop and implement an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP). An AAP plan requires Federal contractors to take proactive measures to recruit and support minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans within the workplace.
Back on March 31, 2022, employers were to complete an additional step with their AAP, requiring them to log into a Contractor Portal and certify the status of their AAP plan for the year. This requirement was to be completed no later than June 30, 2022.
There are three options if you missed the June 30 deadline:
- Employers with fewer than 50 employees that do not maintain an AAP for those employees – The certification is not required for your company.
- Employers that requested assistance from the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) prior to June 30, 2022, will be considered as certifying by the deadline.
- Employers that have not certified their AAP should register and certify prior to September 1, 2022.If employers do not certify by September 1, 2022, this may result in future contracts not being rewarded and/or withholding contract payments.
Employer Next Steps
- Employers that are required to file an Affirmative Action Plan and have not completed their certification should certify as soon as possible but no later than September 1, 2022, to avoid any repercussions with their federal contracts.
- Employers should review the OFCCP Contractor Portal – Federal Contractor User Guide on this new requirement.
- If you are interested in assistance with certifying the submission of your Company’s AAP data, please email us.
For almost twenty years, HR Knowledge has made it our mission to demystify the complex and daunting process of HR management. We do more than just provide the level of service and technology you’d expect from an industry leader. We combine an unparalleled passion for service with our decades of HR, payroll, and benefits experience to provide our clients with personalized and actionable advice that is second–to–none. From managed payroll to employee benefits to HR support, we can help your organization thrive, grow, and reduce operating costs—no matter what industry you serve. Whether you’re interested in our Full-Service solution or just need your employee handbook written, HR Knowledge can help you minimize risk while staying on top of compliance regulations. The bottom line? We’re not just another cloud-based technology company that also does HR, #WeAreHR. Get the scoop on how we can help you simplify HR.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this content, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us.