Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts has been closely monitoring and responding to the serious challenges posted by the outbreak of coronavirus strain, COVID-19. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts assures its members that their priorities remain rock-solid: to ensure uninterrupted access to care for customers and members. This weekend, The Boston Globe released a story on a new Division of Insurance guidance, highlighting Blue Cross’ specific plans. The story can be found here.
The steps Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is taking are as follows:
- They have a helpline (1-888-372-1970) available for members to ask any questions about benefits, providers, and share other resources related to COVID-19
- They launched a regularly updated resource center, which includes information about safety, tips for employers, FAQs, and videos.
- Effective immediately, Blue Cross plans (excluding Medicare) will remove co-pay, coinsurance, or deductibles for COVID-19 related care provided at doctors’ offices, emergency rooms, and urgent care centers.
- They have a pandemic preparedness plans in place to continue to lead and support all our constituents in an emergency.
More information can be found here.
Employers Next Steps
- HRK encourages all employers to stay informed by visiting the CDC website.
- If you are a Full-Service or Virtual HR client and have any questions at this time, please email us.
The People Simplifying HR
For almost twenty years, HR Knowledge has made it our mission to demystify the complex and daunting process of HR management. We do more than just provide the level of service and technology you’d expect from an industry leader.
We combine an unparalleled passion for service with our decades of HR, payroll, and benefits experience to provide our clients with personalized and actionable advice that is second—to—none.
From managed payroll to employee benefits to HR support, we can help your organization thrive, grow, and reduce operating costs — no matter what industry you serve. Whether you’re interested in our Full-Service solution or just need your employee handbook written, HR Knowledge can help you minimize risk while staying on top of compliance regulations.
The bottom line? We’re not just another cloud-based technology company that also does HR, #WeAreHR.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this content, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us.