As of March 9, 2020, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare and Optum are taking immediate actions to ensure members and patients with coronavirus have the additional support and resources they need during the global health crisis, COVID-19.
The additional resources and support include the following:
- UnitedHealthcare is waiving all diagnostic test cost-sharing, including copays, coinsurance, and deductibles, for all commercial insured, Medicaid and Medicare members.
- OptumCare clinicians are trained and well-prepared to address patients’ needs.
- Optum’s Emotional-Support Help Line is free of charge to help anyone dealing with stress and anxiety. The free service can be reached at (866) 342-6892, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is open to all.
- OptumCare clinicians have been trained on the CDC safety and clinical care protocols to enable patients to get the appropriate care, ensure the safety and well-being of the team, and protect others from exposure.
Eligible UnitedHealthcare and OptumRx members can call the customer care number located on the back of their medical ID card to obtaining an early prescription refill.
Employers Next Steps
- HRK encourages all employers to stay informed by visiting the CDC website.
- If you are a Full-Service or Virtual HR client and have any questions at this time, please email us.
The People Simplifying HR
For almost twenty years, HR Knowledge has made it our mission to demystify the complex and daunting process of HR management. We do more than just provide the level of service and technology you’d expect from an industry leader.
We combine an unparalleled passion for service with our decades of HR, payroll, and benefits experience to provide our clients with personalized and actionable advice that is second—to—none.
From managed payroll to employee benefits to HR support, we can help your organization thrive, grow, and reduce operating costs — no matter what industry you serve. Whether you’re interested in our Full-Service solution or just need your employee handbook written, HR Knowledge can help you minimize risk while staying on top of compliance regulations.
The bottom line? We’re not just another cloud-based technology company that also does HR, #WeAreHR.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this content, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us.