Due to a rise in COVID-19 cases related to the Delta variant, the Worcester Division of Public Health has enacted an emergency regulation requiring employers to report positive COVID-19 cases.
- Encourage employees who test positive to notify you for purposes of contact tracing and sanitizing the workplace.
- Immediately notify the Board of Health when you are notified of any positive case at the workplace.
- Assist the Board of Health with contact tracing efforts which includes advising those who have come in close contact to isolate and self-quarantine.
- Require employees to be tested if requested by the Board of Health.
- Notify employees that they must isolate at home if they test positive or quarantine at home if they are found to be a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
- If your business operates on scheduled shifts, designate a “Person in Charge” for each shift to manage the emergency regulation requirements.
The emergency regulation is currently in effect until the Worcester Board of Health rescinds the regulation.
Employers Next Steps
- Review the Emergency Regulation requirements to ensure compliance.
- If you are a Full-Service or Virtual HR client and would like our assistance with updating your policy, please email us.
The People Simplifying HR
For almost twenty years, HR Knowledge has made it our mission to demystify the complex and daunting process of HR management. We do more than just provide the level of service and technology you’d expect from an industry leader. We combine an unparalleled passion for service with our decades of HR, payroll, and benefits experience to provide our clients with personalized and actionable advice that is second–to–none. From managed payroll to employee benefits to HR support, we can help your organization thrive, grow, and reduce operating costs—no matter what industry you serve. Whether you’re interested in our Full-Service solution or just need your employee handbook written, HR Knowledge can help you minimize risk while staying on top of compliance regulations. The bottom line? We’re not just another cloud-based technology company that also does HR, #WeAreHR. Get the scoop on how we can help you simplify HR.
This content is provided with the understanding that HR Knowledge is not rendering legal advice. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending on the state or municipality. The material is made available for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable laws in your jurisdiction and consult experienced counsel for legal advice. If you have any questions regarding this content, please contact HR Knowledge at 508.339.1300 or email us.